Stage of healthcare transformation:
Healthcare industry is at the dawn of re-evolving post the pandemic. Though the need for change has been initiated by the worldwide increasing adoption of Industry 4.0 across several sectors, the COVID-19 has pushed the agenda of implementation in the healthcare sector. In a survey by MeriTalk’s IT leaders, USD $342 billion is lost in benefits every year by government health and human services agencies through the poor management of data and in managing different datasets. Additionally, 62% of laboratory tests and 35% of radiology tests are not followed up on, thus resulting in missing critical diagnosis .
Currently, the healthcare industry has several shortcomings to be addressed and the pandemic has made the solution design and implementation even more challenging.
- High costs of healthcare services
- Shortage of healthcare professionals
- Increasing demand for higher quality of care services
- Lower satisfactory levels from the careseekers
- Instability in the healthcare value chain
- Lack of inter industry collaborations
- Inability to create better practices and process
- Recurring financial and revenue loss to the organizations